on board audio and soundblaster live 5.1 platinum

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by Brad, Sep 22, 2003.

  1. Brad

    Brad Guest

    Hi All, i just received my new computer using the SG-71 m/b from Abit
    and i am having issues using my sound blaster live 5.1 platinum ( I
    like using this card because my headphone jack is up front and i can
    control the volume there too). the first problem is that when i
    disable the audio in the bios, i load the drivers and then when it
    assigns the dirvers for the card, i get a blue screen of death (in
    win98se). after i reboot, i get a message that my system could not
    find the remote center. is there something i may have missed or does
    it mater which pci slot the soundcard goes into? below are my specs.

    2.4ghz p4
    768mb memory
    ti4200 geforce4
    56k modem (which can be removed if it is causing conflicts)
    dual boot win98se and winxp pro

    i can get the exact blue scrren of death error tonight

    Brad, Sep 22, 2003

  2. Brad

    Shep© Guest

    On 22 Sep 2003 13:39:34 -0700, In this world we created
    Check that you also disable the BIOS game port and midi?

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    It's a G not a J in gmx to reply :)

    Shep©, Sep 23, 2003