    has anyone experienced a "Cannot open the file: mkMSITStore:C:\Program
    Files\<app dir>\<app name>.chm? Ever since upgrading to SP2 - I can't use any
    online help including help from the Start Menu

    abtbpf, Nov 18, 2004

  2. abtbpf

    Chris H. Guest

    What application is it? You may need to reinstall, but first please post
    where you're seeing the error. If it is Office, do a Repair install via Add
    or Remove Programs in Control Panel.

    Chris H., Nov 18, 2004

  3. MSITStore: "Cannot Open the File: Mk:mad:MSITStore:C:\Windows\Help\Windows.chm"
    Error Message Appears When Opening

    Help
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=312456 and
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows98/downloads/contents/WUCritical/q811630/default.asp

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE, Nov 18, 2004
  4. abtbpf

    Chris H. Guest

    Do those apply to Windows XP also? The Tablet PCs all run Windows XP, and
    in the case of the original poster, XP SP2.

    Chris H., Nov 18, 2004
  5. abtbpf

    abtbpf Guest

    Chris,

    It happens in Franklin TabletPlanner. In Windows Help and Support from the
    Start button, IE and Office 2003 - nothing happens when I go to Help.

    By the way - thanks for the response!

    abtbpf, Nov 18, 2004
  6. abtbpf

    abtbpf Guest

    Chris,
    Article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=312456 fixed the problem -
    however, in XP the command line is regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\hhctrl.ocx as
    opposed to the Win98 version.

    THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUE HELP!!!

    abtbpf, Nov 18, 2004
  7. abtbpf

    Chris H. Guest

    Good deal. And thanks to Frank for the info. I really didn't think it
    would apply. :cool:

    Chris H., Nov 18, 2004
  8. Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE, Nov 19, 2004