    looked for a method of setting the jumpers to disarm the on board sound. The
    truth,

    Jim T

    James Turner, Nov 9, 2007

  2. James Turner

    Andy Guest

    Disable OnChip PCI Device / Audio Controller

    Andy, Nov 10, 2007

  3. James Turner

    abituser Guest

    wrote this on alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit:

    >Recently I installed an Audigy 2 ZS Audio Card, and now sound dosen't come
    >from the rear channel or the subwoofer. I've been going through the
    >trobleshooters documentation and it says that there may be unusual reactions
    >if there is more than one card installed. I've tried everything to get my
    >NF7 - S2 to run with out installing the driver for the chip set, but on
    >start up it requests the driver or even installs it its self. When I test
    >the spekers I get sound but when sound is played in any other method there
    >is no sound!
    >
    >Now my question: Is there a way to turn off the onboard card? I would really
    >reather use the Audigy card. On Creative's site there is talk of turning it
    >off from the bios, but I've found nothing in the owners manual. I even
    >looked for a method of setting the jumpers to disarm the on board sound. The
    >truth,

    If you can't turn it off through BIOS, you should be able to change
    the jumper on the MOBO but you'll need the MOBO manual for that,
    so download a copy from the ABIT site. I can switch off MOBO sound
    on all ABITs I've ever used.

    abituser, Nov 10, 2007
  4. James Turner

    lkboop Guest

    James Turner wrote:
    > Recently I installed an Audigy 2 ZS Audio Card, and now sound dosen't come
    > from the rear channel or the subwoofer. I've been going through the
    > trobleshooters documentation and it says that there may be unusual reactions
    > if there is more than one card installed. I've tried everything to get my
    > NF7 - S2 to run with out installing the driver for the chip set, but on
    > start up it requests the driver or even installs it its self. When I test
    > the spekers I get sound but when sound is played in any other method there
    > is no sound!
    >
    > Now my question: Is there a way to turn off the onboard card? I would really
    > reather use the Audigy card. On Creative's site there is talk of turning it
    > off from the bios, but I've found nothing in the owners manual. I even
    > looked for a method of setting the jumpers to disarm the on board sound. The
    > truth,
    >
    > Jim T

    Turn it off in the BIOS-I don't know of any MB with on board audio that
    you can not disable through the BIOS.

    lkboop, Nov 10, 2007
  5. James Turner

    abituser Guest

    On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 17:50:00 -0800 'Andy'
    wrote this on alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit:

    >Disable OnChip PCI Device / Audio Controller

    Yeah that looks like the one.

    abituser, Nov 10, 2007