OnBoard Sound AC97 Rear Speaker doesnt work with Win2k ( MSI KT4V-L)

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Filip Lyncker, Jan 8, 2004.

  1. Hi

    i bought the MSI KT4V Mainboard with onboard sound ( realtek ). i want to
    use it with onboard sound and my quadro speaker system. after installing
    without reset i configured the "sound effect" programm from realtek to 4
    speaker system and plugged the rear spaekers into the line-in . now i was
    able to hear the standard windows sounds from all speakers. in this moment
    the standard windows mixer icon is not visable!
    after resetting the computer the standard mixer icon and the "sound effect"
    icon both appear. but im not able to hear any sounds from the rear speakers
    anymore. yust using the "sound effect" programm -> speakertest works fine
    !!! if i click to a rear speaker , i can hear the soundoutput from it. but
    windows is using yust the front speakers...

    anyone for an idea??

    cheers

    Filip

    Filip Lyncker, Jan 8, 2004