OnBoard Sound problems?

Discussion in 'Soundcards' started by Jamie Allison, Jan 3, 2007.

  1. Hi there,

    I have an asus A8N-E motherboard with onboard sound.

    The sound is Realtek ALC850 @ nVIDIA nForce4 (CK8-04) - Audio Codec
    Interface PCI.

    I have isntalled the latest realtech driver ALC850_V5870_WHQL and still have
    problems.

    My problem is that i am trying to do 4 channel sound so i have plugged my
    front two speakers into the green output and the back two speakers into the
    grey output. I used the realteck sound manager to change the settings from
    2 to 4 speaker configuration and done the auto test. One the rear two
    speakers work. I cannot get sound out of the front two speakers.

    I also done the auto detection but this shows up as connected correctly as i
    described.

    Even if i change the configuration to two speakers and only plug them in the
    green output i cannot get sound.

    Does anyone have any ideas what i can do?

    Regards

    Jamie

    P.S. Remove the s in e-mail to reply normally.

    Jamie Allison, Jan 3, 2007