    both CD's. The IDE activity lights up too but I have never had a board
    that didn't even beep at me when it's powered.
    one

    onetime, Jul 15, 2003

  2. onetime

    Scott Guest

    How do you know it is your MB that is dead? Could be your CPU, not the MB..
    Is this possible? Make sure to triple check it. My EXP tells mew your CPU is
    hosed..

    Try holding down the insert button as you power up.. Put your hand near your
    heatsink. If it is very very hot to the point you cannot keep your finger on
    it, your cpu is fried. If there is no heat at all, your cpu could be fried,
    or your mainboard's cpu slot is possibly hosed.

    Scott, Jul 16, 2003

  3. onetime

    onetime Guest

    Hey thanks you are right. I've just tried an old PII 233 / 66 on the
    board and it boots.
    On the lookout now for a PIII 500 ....700 CPU
    Thanks for your help
    one

    onetime, Jul 16, 2003