one page sees the drives the other says nothing there

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Husky, Jul 19, 2005.

  1. Husky

    Husky Guest

    I spent almost an entire day using the P4P800 deluxe schematic to setup the
    Hard drives, DVD/CD recorder and cables correctly. Previously I had to install
    the via raid tool, just to find them after a new install. They couldn't be
    detected on either the 1st or 2nd boot page.

    Setup is:
    1 Sata 152 gig. Master
    1 IDE 300 gig Slave
    1 IDE 10 gig Master
    1 DVD recorder Master
    1 CD recorder Slave

    After setting up the master / slave settings [the Sata is a strange bird] the
    1st boot page identifies all the drives as internal names, and Master or Slave
    correctly.

    The 2nd page says nothing there it just says

    1 master Not Found
    1 slave Not Found
    1 master Not Found
    1 slave Not Found

    It doesn't actually affect anything so far. [machines been like this over a
    year]. Just wondering if there's a reason or fix for this ?

    Definitely not a big deal that I can see. I no longer need to install the via
    raid tool.

    Husky, Jul 19, 2005