    Can individual keys be removed for more serious cleaning??

    Suggestions for cleaning procedure??

    Thank you in advance!

    Mats Karlsson, Jul 28, 2003

  2. Mats Karlsson

    Olivier Guest

    I've tried to remove a useless key (windows's context menu) of a HP
    omnibook: it can be removed cautiously, but I wouldn't do it too often,
    the key may break... (believe me, coca cola is more sticky than ketchup.
    Sigh... Users...)
    Be careful with the connectors, you don't want to pour too much water
    and detergent there, and don't add sausages ;-)
    Good luck

    Olivier, Jul 28, 2003

  3. Mats Karlsson

    Bill Ray Guest

    LOL, I was gonna say add hot dogs and mustard and you'd have a really good
    meal for later!!! :)

    BR

    Bill Ray, Jul 29, 2003
  4. Mats Karlsson

    chodaboy19 Guest

    remove those long screws on the bottom and the keyboard pops right out.

    chodaboy19, Jul 30, 2003
  5. Mats Karlsson

    faith01

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    cleaning keys.

    Hello, its terrible when liquid falls on the laptop keyboard, i had once dropped tea on the keyboard and a few keys got sticky and was hard to type with them, i tried cleaning it with a brush but never worked, while i was searching for some info on how to clean the keyboard keys, i came across laptopkey.com they sell keys , they also have videos on how to clean keyboard keys. So far ive order 3 keys from them and really happy to find them

    Laptopkey.com

    faith01, Jul 22, 2010