"open url in safari" cmd-shift-L sometimes works, sometimes doesn't

Discussion in 'Apple' started by John Owens, Oct 5, 2003.

  1. John Owens

    John Owens Guest

    I read my email via a Terminal shell and often want to send URLs
    contained therein to Safari. So I use command-shift-L to "open URL in
    Safari" from Services.

    Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't, and I can't figure out why
    it doesn't work sometimes. In fact, this message was prompted because
    (for the umpteenth time) it didn't work. Now I am trying it again from
    Terminal and it's working, with the exact same text highlighted as
    last time (I didn't even change/move the highlight from the time it
    didn'y work). So I'm definitely confused.

    When it does not work, it system-beeps.

    I realize I need to do whole URLs with http:// before them; I am doing
    that.

    Any idea why it might system-beep when I hit command-shift-L?

    John Owens, Oct 5, 2003