    the window! I don't want to send it into gateway because it is out of
    warrenty.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated

    Piranha, Mar 28, 2005

  2. Piranha

    pengulin Guest

    If Fastboot is enabled in CMOS, turn it off and see if you have the same
    problem. I've seen this problem on a few systems, primarily on cold boots,
    where the system tries to boot up before the HD has reached operational
    speed.

    pengulin, Mar 28, 2005

  3. I had the same problem with my Gateway 200X. I finally figured out
    that the problem was the ribbon cable that connects the motherboard
    with the hard drive. If your laptop is like mine, it has a kink in
    the ribbon cable. I would try flatening out the ribbon cable before
    you do anything more drastic. See if that works.

    Readytoexplain, Apr 2, 2005