    something about contacting compaq? Could this be true?? P.s iv'e eve
    tried a new hardrive..Still no help..Any help would be GREATL
    APPRECIATE

    pope10, Mar 12, 2005

  2. pope10

    HH Guest

    The Recovery CD that shipped with many units required the D:System_sav or
    recovery partition to be intact in order to restore the original software
    image on the hard drive. A full QuickRestore CD set is required if that
    partition is missing or damaged. Unfortunately, when Microsoft dropped
    support for all Win 9X versions prior to WinMe, HP/Compaq stopped offering
    QR sets for those. you may have to purchase a full install CD of whatever Os
    you want to use and install from that.
    HH

    HH, Mar 13, 2005

  3. pope10

    RWM Guest

    How about FIXMBR as a start?

    RWM, Mar 13, 2005
  4. pope10

    HH Guest

    Uh, do you mean FDISK /MBR ???
    HH

    HH, Mar 13, 2005
  5. pope10

    RWM Guest

    Yep, I was thinking W2K.... from the Recovery Console = FIXMBR (or
    FIXBOOT), also available in MS KB for NT4.

    RWM, Mar 13, 2005