    to the top. Is this C-Media on-board audio supposed to be as good as a
    Soundblaster? Or should I just replace it with a Soundblaster? (I'm just
    using a 2 speaker setup)

    mort77, Aug 28, 2003

  2. mort77

    farmuse Guest

    I have heard other say and I agree with them that the c-media sound is
    as good as SB Live, works fine for me
    maybe you need more amplified / better speakers

    farmuse, Aug 29, 2003

  3. My $0.02.........Using Sound Blaster Live Platinum provided significantly
    better sound thru Monsoon 5.1 setup compared to C-Media. Also comes with
    exceptional adjustments/tuning. Why for instance, can you only use the
    equalizer under certain playback conditions ???!?!?!
    C-Media software which came with my KT400DUP is crap.

    Erik the Bold, Aug 29, 2003
  4. Definately the sound card is a CPU hog. I've got the 400 lite dragon and the
    sound lags the system. Get another sound card. I saw a recent test that said
    audigy 2 and hercules (the better model) was the best.
    Joe

    Joe and Julie, Aug 30, 2003
  5. The cmpci sounds better than a es1371 Soundblaster128, no quirks, no
    background noise. The driver eat lots of ressources, under linux a
    kernel with preempt patch scales better.

    Bye Eric

    Eric 'EW-Tech' Wick, Aug 30, 2003
  6. mort77

    Grad Guest

    my c-media is causing lockups in games or playing sound just like for
    many of us. If you research newsgroups and google you will find that
    Soyo denies their responsibility blaming MS for IRQ sharing. They
    offer some cheezy tips on fixing this: use older drivers, move PCI
    cards to lowest slots.
    In my case system locks up less frequently if I just remove tv capture
    PCI card. Sometimes the system locks up during the default windows
    sound.

    I find Soyo an inferior player in the market as their ability to fix
    known problem is pathetic.

    Grad, Aug 31, 2003