    not that big of a deal the system I use it in is My Media Center PC so
    no need to over clock - just experimenting and found out it's not the
    best for that.

    David Wilts, Mar 7, 2005

  2. Vince

    Ed Light Guest

    I just found that it likes to surprise you by slipping into auto on the
    memory timings and, since you've set the memory to a slower setting in order
    to overclock, it thinks it can tighten up the timings. Then it won't boot
    except into the bios, since it's using timings that would work if the memory
    was running slow.

    It likes to do this, as far as I can see (just found it), either or both of
    when hanging on boot overclocked, and/or when setting the memory slower.

    To fix it I unoverclocked it and put the memory speed on normal and the
    timings on auto and rebooted. Then I wrote down the timings, and put them on
    manual. If they go into auto again I can just enter them manually when
    setting it back to manual.

    If I hadn't figured that out I'd be -- sniff :-( -- crying!

    Of course it doesn't do it in everyday running.

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\