    an expensive test though so I am looking for some brave souls who have
    already tried it.

    Thanks.

    mk, Jan 2, 2006

  2. mk

    Kimmy Guest

    http://www.monarchcomputer.com (combo page) allows you to select that
    board and CPU so I'd imagine it works.

    Kimmy, Jan 2, 2006

  3. mk

    Kimmy Guest

    The Opteron 165 is a dual-core socket 939 CPU.
    http://fab51.com/cpu/guide/opn-s939-e.html

    Kimmy, Jan 3, 2006
  4. mk

    Bill Guest

    You are mistaken, Opterons for the 939 socket have been available for
    a while.

    Bill

    Bill, Jan 3, 2006
  5. mk

    Kimmy Guest

    iirc, Opteron and Athlon 64-FX were originally released on s940 and
    require ECC ram.

    Kimmy, Jan 3, 2006
  6. mk

    Natéag Guest

    I doubt it is possible. The motherboard has connector 939 (pins),
    but the Opteron requires 400.
    So, unless I am mistaken, that processor will not fit the socket.

    Natéag, Jan 4, 2006
  7. mk

    Natéag Guest

    Thanks for the info. I thought they were all 939 pins

    Natéag, Jan 4, 2006