optical SPDIF on live driveII doesn't work.

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by focus_dis, Feb 17, 2004.

  1. focus_dis

    focus_dis Guest

    I'm on an asus p4c800-d with winxp, with a live! plat with LiveII
    drive (though the promotional swap of driveI+$50) Now when i first
    setup my system i was using win98 then winME for a while, back early
    2001 i think. I made regular recording from my SPDIF optical out on my
    driveii to my minidisc. also watched dvd film with 5.1 surround sound
    through my pc speakers by connecting my ps2 to the SPDIF in. It was
    wonderful, it was why i spend around 400 for this setup (creative
    speakers, sb live plat, and driveII).

    then one aweful day my live driveii disappered. oh sure the headphone
    and mic jack worked but the two spdif in/out even with power (red beam
    functioning) didn't give out any signals. Also when i go to the
    audioHQ(sp??) and click device setup i dont get the four taps i used
    to. I've upgraded with both the lastest version of drivers on CL
    website and the cd which came with live!. I tried installing the
    driveii fix from asiaCL site but says i don't have live sb installed/.
    also on device mananger the sb comes out as value.

    ps. its been a long time so i not to confident that this problem with
    resolve itself but i'll never get a sb again.

    jay

    focus_dis, Feb 17, 2004

  2. focus_dis

    focus_dis Guest

    Does no one know the answer to my problem? I've read a lot of articles
    that deals with this problem with a CL representive always suggesting
    the 3 solutions that doesn't work, and then gives no follow up. I've
    also read in a the register article that says that winXP disabled the
    digital out function to protect against piracy but didn't mention CL
    directly. Any idea?

    Please does anyone have a MD that can directly record from there SPDIF
    digital out from the driveII (or hoontect)? I really want to know. Any
    reply would be greatly appreciated.

    jay

    focus_dis, Feb 23, 2004