Optimizing a PIII 550mhz 300 PL for video capture

Discussion in 'IBM' started by Doc, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. Doc

    Doc Guest

    I've been experimenting with a WinTV capture card, but having somewhat
    unsatisfactory results in capturing video. It seems no matter what
    format, capture dimensions, keyframe rate etc. the video playback will
    have hitches in it. I don't know if the problem is the capture card or
    my system.

    I'll be using a Pinnacle DC10 video capture card and Pinnacle Studio 7
    editing software. What are some steps I can take to optimize this IBM
    PIII for video capture/editing? Possibly in the bios? At the outset at
    least, will be transferring analog 8mm and VHS video. Are there any
    particular "bottlenecks" with this particular system that might cause
    problems?

    Running Win98 first edition, 384 megs ram, capturing to a brand new 60
    gig Western Dig. ata 100 7200 rpm drive.

    Thanks for your input.

    Doc, Jul 11, 2003