    Replacing this system is not an option at this time.

    Thanks in advance,
    K Gene

    KEVIN WELLS, Oct 11, 2004

  2. KEVIN WELLS

    schema Guest

    I have a fleet of those at work.

    You need to install the Dell GX 110 drivers that were not included in Win
    XP.

    You can do this with the blue Optiplex Resource CD, or
    you can download the drivers at www.Dell.com.

    schema, Oct 11, 2004

  3. KEVIN WELLS

    S.Lewis Guest

    If you were to wipe WinXP off that system and do a clean reinstall of Win9X,
    you'd likely have "unknown device" bangs all over in device manager.

    Were all external devices (other than mouse, kb and monitor) disconnected
    from the system during the install? If not, that may be the device.

    Another easy way to figure it out would be to compare the cards installed in
    the system and match them to entries in device manager ( ie- sound/game
    controllers, modem, etc.).

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Oct 11, 2004
  4. KEVIN WELLS

    Techwolf Guest

    You know that did the trick. I had downloaded from Dell's site. But I was
    able to find an old Resource CD and that took care of them.
    Thanks all!

    Techwolf, Oct 13, 2004