    Can anyone tell me what the orange light on the power button means? I
    am using a Dell GX270 and the PC will not start. You can power it on
    but nothing happens. Thanks in advance.

    Fox, Jul 6, 2004

  2. Fox

    Pen Guest

    The power light illuminates and blinks or remains solid to indicate
    different states:
    No light — The computer is turned off (S4, S5, or mechanical OFF)
    Steady green — The computer is in a normal operating state
    Blinking green — The computer is in a power-saving state (S1 or S3)
    Blinking or solid amber — See "Power Problems"
    http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/systems/opgx270/en/ug/solve.htm#1177038
    If the power light is steady amber — The computer is receiving
    electrical power, but an internal power problem might exist.
    Ensure that the microprocessor power cable is securely connected to the
    system board.
    If the problem persists, contact Dell.

    Pen, Jul 6, 2004

  3. Fox

    Fixer Guest

    It could also be the Motherboard but usually a steady amber light means it
    needs a new PSU

    Fixer, Jul 7, 2004