os 10.2.6 + samba integrate into a win2k native domain

Discussion in 'Apple' started by rob merritt, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. rob merritt

    rob merritt Guest

    hi I have 2 *nix machines running samba 2.2* both set up for domain
    level security where domain academus is a win2000 native domain sps2s
    =pdc emulator
    :
    security = domain
    password server = 172.16.1.2
    domain logons = yes
    log level = 4
    netbios name = new
    domain logons = yes

    debian:/etc/samba# smbd -V
    Version 2.2.3a-12.3 for Debian
    debian:/etc/samba# smbpasswd -j ACADEMUS -r sps2s -U administrator
    Password:
    Joined domain ACADEMUS.
    the above debian machine was able to join the domain.
    but

    netbios name = yapcamac
    workgroup = academus
    password server = 172.16.1.2
    security = domain
    domain logons = yes
    log level = 4

    [YapcaMac:/users/merrittr] admin# smbd -V
    Version 2.2.3a (build 26)
    [YapcaMac:/users/merrittr] admin# smbpasswd -j ACADEMUS -r sps2s -U
    administrator
    Password:
    Error connecting to sps2s
    Unable to join domain ACADEMUS.
    the above mac jaguar 10.2.6 (bsd) was'nt

    and both wont allow me to attach to the share defined below in both of
    there smb.conf file any ideas on how I can get the mac to join the
    domain
    and or get both to authenticate to the PDC and give me my share?

    [merrittr]
    comment = Robs Service
    path = /home/merrittr
    valid users = merrittr