OS X 10.4.11 Latest Safari and Java update breaks stuff -- Including Thoth & Safari

Discussion in 'Apple' started by GOD, Mar 31, 2008.

  1. GOD

    GOD Guest

    I've now done three archive and installs of OS X 10.4.11 on a Dual 533
    PPC G4.

    Some link in the chain, I'm not sure which, is doing what appears to be
    some lower level system damage because, for example, immediately after
    finishing the archive and install and running through the full cycle of
    OS updates, the following happens:

    Thoth 1.8.3 crashes without ever fully opening. Thoth 1.7.2 works OK.

    Plus, now when I try to enter text in a Safari text entry box, the page
    will scroll down after a few keystrokes and hitting the delete key more
    than once will send the browser to the preceding page.

    If I just update the 10.4 OS without updating to the latest version of
    Safari and do not update the last Java update, everything is fine.

    This problem is really vexing!

    Help!

    Anyone seeing this behavior and/or have a fix, suggestion or anything
    constructive to contribute here?

    Thanks in advance.

    GOD, Mar 31, 2008