OS X funky mouse pointer

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Jack B, Dec 29, 2004.

  1. Jack B

    Jack B Guest

    I am a big fan of OS X. I'm now at 10.3.7 on four computers here at home.

    But something has bothered me... the poor handling of the mouse pointer.
    Sometimes the arrow pointer doesn't change to a link (hand) pointer when
    over a link; often/usually there's no watch or progress pointer when
    something's happening; the resize pointer sometimes doesn't get replaced
    after moving the mouse over a window column boundary; and other
    annoyances.

    I've worked on (developed/managed) quite a few GUI applications, and
    that sort of unpredictable behavior drives my users nuts, especially the
    cyber-phobes. So we've always been very careful about the pointers for
    our apps.

    Those were Windows apps, though. Is there something about OS X that
    makes proper mouse pointers hard to do?

    (I originally posted this on the low-traffic comp.sys.macintosh by
    mistake.)

    Jack B, Dec 29, 2004