OSX - How can I tell the Bit/Sample rates of a wav file in Finder orFile Info?

Discussion in 'Apple' started by scotteh, May 12, 2008.

  1. scotteh

    scotteh Guest

    HI!

    I have a powerbook G4 with 10.4.11 on it. I use .wav files a LOT and I
    have them in various formats, 16bit, 44.1khz; 24bit, 48khz, etc.

    When I'm in the finder looking at these files, is there any way to
    tell which file is recorded at which sample/bit rate?

    For example, in Windows XP when I right click on the file and choose
    Properties, in the Summary tab I can see Audio Sample Size and Audio
    Sample Rate. In OSX, when I get info on a file I see none of this
    information currently.

    Also in XP I can select more columns in Windows Explorer that show me
    bit rate and sample rate. Can I do this in the OSX Finder?

    Thanks a lot!

    Scott

    scotteh, May 12, 2008