OSX Lion Address Book

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Bill, Aug 19, 2011.

  1. Bill

    Bill Guest

    The look of the Lion sewn leather address book is nice. However, I think
    it is less easy to use than the old 3-column list in Snow Leopard and
    earlier. In that 3-column list you could have groups, contact list and
    card all visible at once, which I liked and found useful.

    Not so with Lion, so far as I can tell. Either you can have Groups on
    the left page and a list of contacts on the right, or you can have a
    list of Contacts on the left page and detailed card for a contact on the
    right.

    I would like to go back to the 3-column format of Snow Leopard and
    earlier. Anybody figured out how to do that?

    Can Apple take a hint on this?

    Lion Mail has a provision to give feedback to Apple about Mail. I find
    no such ability in Lion Address Book. I have poked around the Apple web
    site to find a way to give them feedback, but was not able to discover
    any other then a trouble call or contacting an Apple Store.

    Bill, Aug 19, 2011

  2. Bill

    Sandy Foster Guest

    I agree that I'd prefer the three-pane view to be an option. You can,
    however, send feedback to Apple at <http://www.apple.com/feedback/>.
    There's no specific link for Address Book, but you could use the OS X
    link instead.

    Sandy Foster, Aug 19, 2011

  3. Bill

    Fred Moore Guest

    Try:
    <http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html>

    from:
    <http://www.apple.com/feedback/>

    Fred Moore, Aug 19, 2011
  4. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Bill, Aug 20, 2011
  5. Bill

    Lewis Guest

    Eh. I think it is hideous.
    It sucks.
    Yep. Sucks, doesn't it?
    I filed bugs. So did many other people.

    Lewis, Aug 25, 2011
  6. Bill

    Thom Rosario Guest

    To the left of the "Inbox" shortcut there's a link that says "Show".
    Click that and your folders will stay open.

    Thom Rosario, Aug 25, 2011
  7. Bill

    Joe Dee Guest

    Your Address Book has an Inbox?

    --
    Joe Dee
    Remember: It is To Laugh

    Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but
    among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh.
        -- WH Auden

    Joe Dee, Aug 25, 2011
  8. Bill

    Thom Rosario Guest

    Ha. I lost the thread & thought this was about Mail. Sorry :)

    Thom Rosario, Aug 25, 2011
  9. Bill

    Joe Dee Guest

    No, it's me who's sorry. I thought you were onto something that would get
    back the former layout. No harm, no foul.

    Joe Dee, Aug 25, 2011