    every time I turn on the computer.)

    Running the first aid in Keychain Access doesn't help. Neither does
    reinstalling the whole system.

    Keeper of the Purple Twilight, Jan 2, 2006

  2. Keeper of the Purple Twilight

    ZnU Guest

    You might try getting rid of anything you find in ~/Library/Keychains
    (in your home directory). Log out and back in, and a new, empty keychain
    with the same password as your user account should be created. (You
    will, of course, have to re-enter all your stored passwords.)

    ZnU, Jan 3, 2006

  3. I never had any stored passwords to begin with. Like I said, this
    happens even with a new, freshly-installed system.

    Keeper of the Purple Twilight, Jan 3, 2006
  4. Keeper of the Purple Twilight

    David Empson Guest

    Erase and Install, or just a standard install?

    If the latter, you might have an old file lurking in /Library/Keychains
    (top-level Library folder). There is a "System.keychain" there which is
    used to store Airport passwords. It seems to default to using the same
    password as the initially created account.

    David Empson, Jan 3, 2006
  5. Erase and install. That's the only kind of install I ever do.

    What's weird is, I made the problem go away, though I have no idea how
    it did this. I told the system to ask before joining an open network
    (if it can't find the last network it joined). I don't know why this
    fixed the problem.

    Keeper of the Purple Twilight, Jan 3, 2006