    Any help/advice/tip/trick/ welcome.

    Pepe
    Milano, Italy

    Giuseppe Carmine De Blasio, Aug 27, 2003

  2. Well, that kinda depends on what you need. But I can tell you
    I'm real happy with my NF7-S v2.
    Be aware that AMDs run hotter than Intels, thus needing a more powerful
    cooler which is usually noisy as hell. Spend a little bit extra on the
    cooler and get yourself a low noise like Silent Viking.

    HTH

    Devast8or

    Devast8or, work, Aug 27, 2003

  3. Giuseppe Carmine De Blasio

    Alan Guest

    Pepe:

    1. Nvidia Chipsets are currently the best for AMD processors.
    2. Be certain to get Ultra400 designated boards as these are the latest
    versions. (release 2) Do not buy any release 1.XX.
    3. Best manufactures are Abit, Asus, Gigabyte and Epox in this chipset.
    Look at the features and price.
    4. Best AMD processors are the Barton where they easily reach 200/400FSB.
    The best bang for the buck is currently the XP2500 Barton.
    5. Chose your RAM wisely, name brand is best such as Corsair, Kingston and
    Mushkin. OCZ is very good although they produce re-marked memory.

    Review the many newsgroups and reviews and
    Choose wisely,

    Alan

    Alan, Aug 27, 2003