(OT) Addlogix InternetVue 2100 Wireless PC2TV Adapter - anyone tried one?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by S.Lewis, Jul 2, 2007.

  1. S.Lewis

    S.Lewis Guest

    S.Lewis, Jul 2, 2007

  2. S.Lewis

    microsol Guest

    I just bought one from Circuit City. I was trying to connect it to my
    HDTV (older projection Toshiba not LCD/Plasma). It looks to me that
    they are just remarketing it or something. On one of the pages for
    it, it says that no CD is necessary. Well, I couldn't get it to work
    without installing the software. One of the information screens also
    said that Surround Sound support was going to be available "real
    soon". It comes with a DVI connector that looks like every other one
    I have seen.

    I connected the box to the DVI of the HDTV with a DVI flat panel
    monitor cable I had.
    Once the wireless box found the network and was assigned an IP
    address, a welcome screen came up on the TV. Unfortunately, it was
    rolling like in the old days when you could adjust the vertical hold.
    It also had a problem with showing the entire screen. I thought that
    the cable must be the problem. (It doesn't come with one) So I did a
    BUNCH of research on the web only to find out that all DVI cables are
    not alike, and furthermore nearly no-one had DVI cables in stock (like
    a real store) . I finally found what I thought was going to do it at
    Office Depot for $70. I plugged that one in and it did not help.

    Obviously "what we have here is a failure to communicate..."

    I think the idea is marvelous, however, either my HDTV has a crappy
    interface (unlikely because I was able to connect other things to it)
    or the whole concept is buggy.

    I am going to return the unit and hope that I can get the model other
    model (2000).

    I just get this feeling that Addlogix is buying the unit from someone
    else and reselling it as there own.

    microsol, Aug 20, 2007

  3. S.Lewis

    Journey Guest

    I looked at the link and it's something I would like if it works as
    advertised. Unfortunately, I have spent a lot of money and a lot of
    weekends pulling my hair out trying to get something to work only to
    learn that it is not as easy or as good as the advertising makes it
    look.

    For products like this I look for good user reviews before I buy. I
    have a few questions about this device. I didn't see anywhere where
    it specified a resolution. Maybe it just reproduces whatever
    resolution is on the laptop, but how could it do that on a 50" TV
    (like the video ad said) and transmit all that data wirelessly (over
    b/g).

    I didn't see exactly how it connects to the TV -- so I'd also want to
    look into the user's manual. These days it would be nice if it had
    HDMI output (even it it can't meet all the requirements of HDMI it
    would be nice to have that interface). I'm pretty new though to HDTV
    concepts so I might be missing something.

    When Logitech comes out with a product like this, then I know it will
    be for real. I'd also believe it more if it worked on wireless-N, not
    a/b. Logitech makes a great product to steam audio using a computer's
    USB port wirelessly to a receiver at the stereo / speaker end. It's
    not that expensive and a great product.

    For my LCD TV I have a 10' VGA cable (which I got opened-package for
    under $20 at Best Buy). It works well for watching PC video on my
    HDTV. I would like a longer cable but maybe that would degrade
    quality a lot, and they would be _very_ expensive.

    Journey, Aug 21, 2007