OT Annoying monitor refresh/lost default monitor problem

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Bill L, Feb 19, 2004.

  1. Bill L

    Bill L Guest

    Hi all

    Using a Ilyama 413Pro 17" monitor with a Sapphire 9700 np (pretty slow card
    now I guess?). I run at a non-standard resolution of 1280 x 960 @ 75 Hz and
    use Rage 3D Tweak to try and keep the refresh rate constant with WinXP Pro.

    Anyhow quite often when I boot the PC a default monitor inf. is detected and
    the refresh switches to 60 Hz (using Display Properties the adapter shows 75
    Hz as does the monitor though the info menu for the 413Pro shows 60 Hz as do
    my eyes).

    I'm using the correct inf. file (though XP calls it unsigned) but more often
    than not I need to play around to get the monitor back up to 75 Hz.

    Anyone got any suggestions?

    TIA

    BillL

    Bill L, Feb 19, 2004