    a file name. I did a search for *.wab but still can't find anything.

    Suggestions?

    Mel

    MZB, Aug 27, 2007

  2. MZB

    Jerry Guest

    Don't export it just copy the .wab file and paste it on flash drive. On
    your desktop copy that file from the flash drive to a temp folder. Then in
    OE click on File, Import, Address Book and navigate to the file you copied
    from your laptop. Done

    Jerry, Aug 27, 2007

  3. MZB

    rove Guest

    The file you want is in C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\ ,at least is on my
    I5100.

    rove, Aug 27, 2007
  4. MZB

    Jerry Guest

    If you did a search and can't find it it's because it's a system file and
    you need to go into Searches More Advanced Options and check hidden and
    system.

    Jerry, Aug 27, 2007
  5. MZB

    MZB Guest

    No that's not the file--that's actually the address book program.

    But, it turns out if you click your address book/help/about it shows the
    location of the file.

    That's what I needed and I accomplished the task!

    Thanks for everyone's help

    Mel

    MZB, Aug 27, 2007
  6. MZB

    Rich/rerat Guest

    MZB,
    Look under backing up and restoring OE, at the following site:
    http://www.insideoe.com/backup/index.htm

    Also when you do a search for the Windows Address Book (username.wab), file.
    You will need to do a change your folder settings to show hidden files.

    Desktop> My Computer> TOOLS> folder options> View tab> Select Show hidden
    files and folders.
    --
    Have A Good Day
    Rich/rerat

    I have a Dell Dimension desktop and an Inspiron Laptop.

    Both use XP Home and IE/OE 6.0

    I want to copy the address book from the laptop to the desktop (the laptop
    is more up-to-date). I thought I would export it to my flash drive (from
    laptop) and then import to desktop.

    But I can't get the export function to work..

    When I do file/export/address book I have to choose a directory and specify

    Rich/rerat, Aug 27, 2007