OT-Digital8 camcorders with passthrough?

Discussion in 'Apple' started by The New guy, Mar 11, 2008.

  1. The New guy

    The New guy Guest

    Just wondering if some of the DV enthusiasts here might know if there is
    a website listing all the Sony (or other) models that have analogue to
    digital passthrough. So far I think these ones do:
    DCR-TRV120
    DCR-TRV130
    DCR-TRV230
    DCR-TRV240
    DCR-TRV250
    DCR-TRV260
    DCR-TRV280
    DCR-TRV310
    DCR-TRV340
    DCR-TRV350
    DCR-TRV460
    DCR-TRV480
    DCR-TRV530
    DCR-TRV720
    DCR-TRV730
    DCR-TRV740
    DCR-TRV830
    That means you can play an analogue Hi8 (maybe 8mm too?) tape in the
    camcorder and output it via firewire to your computer. Its a great way
    of archiving all your old 8mm/Hi8 tapes. You don't even need a working
    battery of course. Lots of those older camcorders' batteries died long
    ago and their replacement may be costly. So you do your conversion, and
    then sell it to someone who needs to archive their videos.
    If you can add to the list or you know that one of those models does not
    have passthrough, please let us know. Thanks. And a suggestion to a
    newsgroup that would best answer this would be kind too. I searched for
    video, digital8, digital 8, camcorder and found nothing.

    The New guy, Mar 11, 2008