    first, but I wasn`t sure if it was perhaps generated on a system-by-
    system basis during installation, which would rule out a simple swap.

    Cheers :-}

    Colin Wilson, Jan 8, 2006

  2. I doubt that would work because many of the doctored settings will
    be stored elsewhere - in the registry for example. This might be a
    better approach:
    <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=318378>

    Frazer Jolly Goodfellow, Jan 8, 2006

  3. Colin Wilson

    Colin Wilson Guest

    I doubt that would work because many of the doctored settings will
    Its not IE i`m talking about - its the explorer shell, i.e. the
    desktop

    Colin Wilson, Jan 9, 2006
  4. Understood, I misread it.

    However, my point about where doctored settings are stored still
    applies. Try it out:
    - rename the existing explorer.exe to (say) explorer.bak
    - copy explorer.exe from another PC
    - reboot

    If that doesn't work, try a repair reinstallation of XP:
    <http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm>

    Frazer Jolly Goodfellow, Jan 9, 2006
  5. Colin Wilson

    Colin Wilson Guest

    However, my point about where doctored settings are stored still
    Thats true - cheers

    Colin Wilson, Jan 9, 2006