OT: File Record Segment 24-27 is unreadable

Discussion in 'Asus' started by RSM Sison, Aug 27, 2005.

  1. RSM Sison

    RSM Sison Guest

    I recently encountered this problem (File Record Segment 24 to 27 is
    unreadable) when I accidentally put my pc (P3B-F) on hibernate then shut
    it down.

    My 40 GB seagate barracuda IV is partitioned into 3 (C, D, and E) and is
    attached to a promise Ultra100 card.

    I have formatted the C: partition several times but I still get the same
    message for the D: partition. My pc is very slow. I was advised to
    format the D: partition but I am hesitant because of some important
    files in the D: partition which i would like to recover.

    Can I still recover the files? if yes, how do I goo about it. I have
    tried slaving the seagate to my old 6.8GB maxtor (which I'm currently
    using) but still the D: partition is unreadable.

    Any input will be greatly appreciated. I'm using win XP sp2.

    Thanks and regards,

    Roy

    RSM Sison, Aug 27, 2005