OT: Happy Day

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Jef Norton, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. Jef Norton

    Jef Norton Guest

    One day after Bill Clinton's birthday, Homie celebrates his.

    Happy Birthday Homie!

    Bill Clinton was shamed for getting his lumpy willy licked by an intern.

    Homie has *no* shame for dipping his lumpy willy into herds of sheep.

    Homie's Astrological Forecast:

    You've had it good, but this year is going to be better, for this year you
    will be prosecuted for your past crimes against nature and the charges will
    be dropped because it will be too hard to find an objective jury in your
    city. Get ready to be blissfully shaken up even if poised to remain in your
    current state of bestial affairs. A new ewe suitor has romance in store for
    you over the next two weeks. Negotiate long-term "partnerships" in
    September while the passion is still hot (and remember, you can legally
    *own* sheep!). You and a special "friend" connect in October, but watch
    out, for she is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

    Jef

    Jef Norton, Aug 21, 2003

  2. Jef Norton

    TomG Guest

    LOL!

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 115,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Aug 21, 2003

  3. Jef Norton

    Jef Norton Guest

    It's a happy day, indeed. I got a tracking number - my repaired (or
    replacement)motherboard has shipped. With 2nd Day Air, no less. It's
    scheduled to arrive tomorrow morning.

    I RMA'd my board to the reseller, who returned it to Abit for repairs
    because it had been damaged in transit.

    Lesson: it pays to wait a reasonable amount of time and then send an e-mail
    inquiry that's polite and to the point.

    I hadn't heard anything in more than three weeks. Two days ago I asked the
    reseller for an update on the status of my motherboard repair. I received
    no response, but I see from the tracking number that my package shipped last
    night. Coincidence?

    Jef

    Jef Norton, Aug 21, 2003
  4. Jef Norton

    TomG Guest

    good luck with it!

    TomG, Aug 21, 2003
  5. Jef Norton

    0_Qed Guest

    Hey Pepe ...

    Ciao ...

    <?> Even 'me' ????

    <VBFG>
    Qed .

    0_Qed, Aug 22, 2003
  6. Jef Norton

    0_Qed Guest

    Jef Norton wrote:
    ....snip...
    No 'coincidence' ...

    Abit's new Service "feature" ...
    Modular Mother Boards ... snap together power ... STP ...

    Qed.

    0_Qed, Aug 22, 2003
  7. Jef Norton

    Homie Guest

    Weeehyooooooo.....
    Whatta party......don't know if they will ever be the same.

    Thanks guys1

    Gary (Homie)

    --
    Mainboards, Videocards & CPU pin repair.

    http://motherboardrepair.com

    Homie, Aug 22, 2003
  8. Jef Norton

    Jef Norton Guest

    Hi Tom -

    Was no coincidence. Was a cop out.

    It is a *Happy Day*, though.

    The retailer sent back my motherboard, along with a note that said Abit had
    decided that the damage occurred in transit (duh... that was exactly what I
    told them in the first place), telling me to file a claim with the shipping
    company. Abit did replace the broken memory clips on the board, but didn't
    seem to do anything else.

    So I figured what the hell and paid a visit to Electronic City here in
    Burbank and had them burn a replacement BIOS chip with the latest release.
    Slapped it into my newly acquired BIOS Savior and put the system together.

    Amazingly the new system roared to life. The only glitch I came across: I
    had to increase the processor voltage by a notch to get it stable.

    So now I'm running a NF7 board with a Barton 2800+ and a gig of Corsair
    XMS3200LL memory. Throw in 100 gigs of hard disk storage, DVD and CD-RW and
    you got the complete system.

    In DOS, before even attempting to boot Windows, I flashed the BIOS Savior's
    copy without incident.

    Another what the hell... I tried to boot Windows XP-Pro. Initially the
    board went through a lot of choking, coughing and wheezing detecting new
    hardware, installing drivers, etc., but it actually booted without a Repair
    Install.

    Trying to do things right, I twice started a Repair Install and twice
    aborted with BAD_POOL_CALLER while installing devices. Rather than figure
    out what was causing the problem, I restored my boot drive image and let it
    redetect all the hardware again. Then I ran the nForce v2.45 driver
    installer, defragged the disk and called it a day (Repair install...
    fergetaboutit!). I had to reactivate Windows (did so right over the net
    without difficulty). Total time elapsed from start of teardown to
    completely up and running: 3 hours 15 minutes.

    Jef

    | good luck with it!
    |
    | --
    |
    | Thomas Geery
    | Network+ certified
    |
    | ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    | ftp://68.98.180.8 Abit Mirror <----- Cable modem IP
    | This IP is dynamic so it *could* change!...
    | over 115,000 FTP users served!
    | ^^^^^^^
    |

    | | > It's a happy day, indeed. I got a tracking number - my repaired (or
    | > replacement)motherboard has shipped. With 2nd Day Air, no less. It's
    | > scheduled to arrive tomorrow morning.
    | >
    | > I RMA'd my board to the reseller, who returned it to Abit for repairs
    | > because it had been damaged in transit.
    | >
    | > Lesson: it pays to wait a reasonable amount of time and then send an
    | e-mail
    | > inquiry that's polite and to the point.
    | >
    | > I hadn't heard anything in more than three weeks. Two days ago I asked
    | the
    | > reseller for an update on the status of my motherboard repair. I
    received
    | > no response, but I see from the tracking number that my package shipped
    | last
    | > night. Coincidence?
    | >
    | > Jef

    | > |
    | > | --
    | > |
    | > | Thomas Geery
    | > | Network+ certified
    | > |
    | > | ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    | > | ftp://68.98.180.8 Abit Mirror <----- Cable modem IP
    | > | This IP is dynamic so it *could* change!...
    | > | over 115,000 FTP users served!
    | > | ^^^^^^^
    | > |
    | > |
    | > |
    | > |

    | intern.

    | > you
    | > | will
    | your
    | in
    | > | your
    | store
    | > | for
    | legally
    | watch

    | > |
    | > |

    Jef Norton, Aug 23, 2003
  9. Jef Norton

    TomG Guest

    wow! excellent! glad to hear things are up and running but it is too bad
    that Abit shoved you off to the shipper.

    TomG, Aug 23, 2003