    (even better than my Turtle Beach Montego II). I remember reading that Nvidia
    had removed soundstorm from their newest Nforce chipsets, have they
    reconsidered that decision since then?

    Wblane, Jul 24, 2004

  2. Wblane

    K Guest

    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=16874

    Third paragraph

    K, Jul 24, 2004

  3. Wblane

    K Guest

    Just to add something, the reason why they didn't include Soundstorm with
    nforce 3 is because it is a single chip solution and they simply didn't have
    the die space to include it. Another reason is because the motherboard
    makers were quite indifferent to Soundstorm as Nvidia charged more for the
    chip that included it, that's why you see many nforce boards with Realtek
    audio.

    The main reason I bought an Nforce 2 was because of SS and I think Nvidia
    have realised they were going to lose a lot of sales if they didn't bring it
    back soon. Hopefully the motherboard makers have come round too.

    K, Jul 24, 2004
  4. Wblane

    Wblane Guest

    Wblane, Jul 26, 2004