    Steve Vai Guest

    whats with that? d: said 61% utilization, i've never heard of above
    15%...

    Steve Vai, Sep 21, 2003

  2. Steve Vai

    Steve Vai Guest

    no, drives are connected to the raid controller HPT372
    raid software syas both are running at ata100 dma mode 5...this is
    starting to irk me, might reconnect to the IDE channel and try it to
    see if its the raid controller.

    Steve Vai, Sep 21, 2003

  3. Steve Vai

    Ed Guest

    DMA off ?

    Ed

    Ed, Sep 21, 2003
  4. Steve Vai

    online Guest

    That happened to me when i had 3 network cards installed. My system would be
    at about 40-60 CPU usage when freshly booted up and this would majorly
    detract from proformance. good luck.

    online, Sep 26, 2003
  5. Steve Vai

    YanquiDawg Guest

    There is a DMA setting in Windows Device manager under Disk Drive. It needs a
    checkmark to be enabled.

    YanquiDawg, Sep 26, 2003
  6. Steve Vai

    Steve Vai Guest

    in xp it's under the controller, but it's on

    Steve Vai, Sep 27, 2003