    Dell news release :http://tinyurl.com/3d3uyu

    Michael Dell Assumes Duties as Chief Executive Officer of Dell Inc.
    Dell will Remain as Chairman of Board
    Round Rock, Texas, January 31, 2007

    Dell Inc. announced today that Michael Dell will assume the duties of
    Chief Executive Officer, effective immediately. Mr. Dell, who will
    retain his duties as Chairman of the Board, will replace Kevin
    Rollins.

    "The Board believes that Michael's vision and leadership are critical
    to building Dell's leadership in the technology industry for the long-
    term," said Samuel A. Nunn, presiding director of Dell's Board. "There
    is no better person in the world to run Dell at this time than the man
    who created the Direct Model and who has built this company over the
    last 23 years."

    Michael Dell founded the company in 1984 with $1,000 and an
    unprecedented idea - to bypass the middleman and sell computer systems
    directly to the customer. He has served as the company's Chairman of
    the Board, since its founding, and served as CEO until 2004.

    "Dell has tremendous opportunities ahead of it," said Mr. Dell. "I am
    enthusiastic about Dell 2.0, which includes our plan to provide the
    best customer experience, build a strong global services business and
    ensure our products deliver the best long-term customer value."

    Mr. Rollins has resigned, effective immediately, from his position as
    CEO and as a member of the Board of Directors.

    "Kevin has been a great business partner and friend," said Mr. Dell.
    "He has made significant contributions to our business over the past
    ten years. I wish him much success in the future."

    In 1992, Mr. Dell became the youngest CEO ever of a Fortune 500
    company. Mr. Dell serves on the Foundation Board of the World Economic
    Forum, the executive committee of the International Business Council
    and is a member of the U.S. Business Council.

    The Company also said that it expects its fourth quarter Fiscal Year
    2007 results to be below the average of First Call Estimates for both
    revenue and earnings per share.

    georgie, Jan 31, 2007

  2. georgie

    A. Stern Guest

    Could this news mean improvements in customer service by any chance?

    A. Stern, Jan 31, 2007

  3. georgie

    Tom Scales Guest

    It could mean improvements in corporate profitability. In my experience,
    that doesn't lead to improved customer service.

    Tom Scales, Feb 1, 2007
  4. georgie

    User N Guest

    If he had said "I am embarrassed to refer to this as Dell 2.0, but that is
    what we are calling it at the moment" I might have some respect for
    the guy.

    User N, Feb 1, 2007
  5. georgie

    paulmd Guest

    Given the recent meetings Mr Dell had with bloggers, re customer
    service, I wouldn't rule that out.

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=182

    paulmd, Feb 1, 2007