(OT) Lenovo pondering Sony battery recall.

Discussion in 'Dell' started by S.Lewis, Sep 27, 2006.

  1. S.Lewis

    S.Lewis Guest

    S.Lewis, Sep 27, 2006

  2. S.Lewis

    budgie Guest

    budgie, Sep 29, 2006

  3. S.Lewis

    budgie Guest

    budgie, Sep 29, 2006
  4. S.Lewis

    S.Lewis Guest

    Also suggests that Dell probably did the right thing jumping on the grenade
    almost immediately after the photos/videos hit the web.

    Sort of makes the rest look like they're dragging their feet.

    S.Lewis, Sep 30, 2006
  5. S.Lewis

    budgie Guest

    somewhat, although they haven't had the level of issue that Dell have seen to
    date, so it may have taken more than the usual amount of arm-twisting to get
    Sony to come to the party.

    budgie, Sep 30, 2006
  6. S.Lewis

    Tom Scales Guest

    Actually, according to our local paper, IBM/Lenavo is recalling more
    batteries than Dell.

    Tom Scales, Sep 30, 2006
  7. S.Lewis

    S.Lewis Guest

    I read that Lenovo was looking at some 700k, while Dell had about 4.1m.

    ?

    S.Lewis, Sep 30, 2006
  8. S.Lewis

    User N Guest

    Dell recently announced that an additional 100,000 batteries would be
    recalled making it 4.2 million. On Sept 28 the US Consumer Product
    Safety Commission announced a Lenovo recall of "about 168,500
    battery packs (an additional 357,500 battery packs were sold
    worldwide)". That makes 526,000 Lenovo packs which is the number
    I kept coming across in news articles. Where did you read 700k?

    User N, Sep 30, 2006
  9. S.Lewis

    S.Lewis Guest

    Yeah, so Dell is now up to 4.2 while Lenovo is at 526.

    Not sure. Only reference I can find to that number (700k) involves a portion
    of Apple's much larger recall. I either misread or it was mis-reported and
    corrected.

    http://www.dailysouthtown.com/business/78165,1BD2-30.article

    I meant to say that Sony is recalling "eleventy-billion".

    S.Lewis, Sep 30, 2006
  10. S.Lewis

    budgie Guest

    budgie, Oct 4, 2006