    The drives will be used for long term video file storage and playback.

    Of course I know a full out raid system would be a better choice but alas I
    don't believe I could convince the powers to be to go through that expense.

    Robert R Kircher, Jr., Nov 8, 2004

  2. Robert R Kircher, Jr.

    Tom Scales Guest

    I believe XP Pro will, but XP Home won't, but am not positive.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Nov 9, 2004

  3. Tom,

    I've been told in the MS XP and Server NG that neither Server or XP can
    mirror removable drives. I'm looking into alternative solutions now. I'm
    trying to get the go ahead for a NAS w/ RAID.

    Robert R Kircher, Jr., Nov 9, 2004
  4. Robert R Kircher, Jr.

    Tom Scales Guest

    That surprises me. My USB2 drives don't show up as removeable drives, but
    regular hard drives.

    Look at Synchronization Manager. It might accomplish what you want.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Nov 10, 2004
  5. I was told they can be made dynamic so intern they can't be mirrored.

    I'll take a look at sync manager.

    --

    Rob

    "There's nothing wrong with a little bit of Mayberry in everyone's lives;
    where life was simple and parents took responsibility for the children."

    Robert R Kircher, Jr., Nov 10, 2004
  6. Robert R Kircher, Jr.

    Guest Guest

    Tom Scales writes:

    Tom> That surprises me. My USB2 drives don't show up as removeable drives, but
    Tom> regular hard drives.

    Mine show up in the green "safely disconnect device" icon
    in the system tray. XP knows it is an external drive.

    Guest, Nov 12, 2004