OT: New graphics engine imperils users of Firefox and Chrome

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Bob Villa, May 11, 2011.

  1. Bob Villa

    Bob Villa Guest

    Bob Villa, May 11, 2011

  2. Bob Villa

    RnR Guest

    Thanks Bob.
    My following rant is not directed at you but rather the industry....

    Let me get this straight, these popular browsers, according to this
    source, contain parts not ready for prime time and on top of that,
    speaking for Firefox (I think IE too), they want to speed up the
    production process to be more competitive. Makes me have more
    confidence that they will be more careful with their security issues
    moving forward, right ???? LOL

    (makes me rebelieve that new and improved may not be and that old
    maybe better .... another reason not to jump into new versions
    too quickly as marketing wants you to do)

    RnR, May 11, 2011

  3. Bob Villa

    Daddy Guest

    "...old may be better..."

    You've got my vote there.

    Daddy

    Daddy, May 11, 2011
  4. Bob Villa

    Bob Villa Guest

    Mozilla says this has been fixed in 4.0.1 An update is in order if
    you have 4.

    Bob Villa, May 12, 2011
  5. Bob Villa

    Ben Myers Guest

    THAT is a quick fix. or maybe Mozilla already knew about the bug
    before the CERT's fear-uncertainty-and-doubt extremely vague
    announcement. I'm already using 4.0.1, so I guess I was safe and I
    did not even know it. Some days, ya just live right... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, May 12, 2011
  6. Bob Villa

    RnR Guest

    I have FF 4.0.1 and had to make the fix manually beause mine was not
    corrected per that article.

    RnR, May 12, 2011
  7. Bob Villa

    Abi Normal Guest

    It was fixed an it's unnecessary to disable it.
    abi

    Abi Normal, May 12, 2011
  8. Bob Villa

    RnR Guest

    I didn't know that. Noted.

    RnR, May 13, 2011
  9. Bob Villa

    Tony Harding Guest

    Sounds as though I lucked out sticking with Firefox 3.x.x

    Tony Harding, May 19, 2011