    overnight shipping for free. This is what should happen.

    Wonderful customer service.

    -Sean

    Sean, Jan 8, 2004

  2. Sean

    ftran999 Guest

    I wish I could say the same but I'm having the exact opposite experience
    with Newegg.
    They had a Thanksgiving Day sale from which I ordered an Antec 1080amg case
    which was to be shipped via Fedex ground.
    The tracking info showed that it was picked up from Newegg 11/28 and arrived
    at a Fedex facility in NJ. The scheduled delivery date was SUPPOSED to be
    around 12/3 or 12/4. That day past and no delivery. So I went back to the
    tracking site and it still showed that the pkg arrived at fedex 11/28 but
    showed no more movement of the pkg. OK, I'm a patient guy. I figure give
    Fedex the benefit of the doubt. After all, many online retailers had
    Thanksgiving Day sales so maybe Fedex was behind schedule which I could
    understand.
    Finally after another week I decided to call Newegg customer service and
    explain the situation described above. In Newegg's defense I have to say
    that the young lady I spoke to was very pleasant and helpful. She put me on
    hold and contacted Fedex. She then came back on the line and said that
    Fedex had lost the pkg and she would get back to me. About a couple hours
    later I received an email saying that Fedex was looking into the situation
    and the I would be kept posted. That was the last I heard from them. I let
    over 2 weeks go by because I work in retailing and the Holiday season is a
    busy time. Therefore, I didn't have much time to contact customer service.
    Also, I figured it wouldn't be a good time to contact Newegg before
    Christmas since the cust. serv. people would be quite busy. So I made a
    second call to them a few days after Christmas and explained to the rep
    about the conversation I had during the first call and that I have not heard
    any info from them. She then explained that they were still working with
    Fedex to get the situation resolved. I asked how long does this usually
    take and I couldn't get a straight answer. She then suggested I could
    contact customer service by email. Since I've been busy the past few days I
    have not been able to email them, but will most likely do so in a couple
    days or so.
    Now, you all may be asking, well since Fedex lost your pkg shouldn't your
    beef be with Fedex and not Newegg. I don't blame Newegg for my pkg being
    lost. However, it is a retailer's or vendor's responsibility to get the
    goods to the customers. I work in a shipping dept for a retailer in which
    we ship merchandise to our customers. If a pkg becomes lost by UPS during
    transit, we ship out a replacement and file a claim with UPS for the lost
    merchandise. This is what Newegg should have done. After the first call I
    made they should have said, "sorry sir, Fedex lost your pkg, we will send
    you a new item tommorrow" or at the very least no more than week after
    Fedex could still not find the pkg. They could have then filed a claim with
    Fedex to get reimbursed for the lost pkg.
    They should learn a lesson from Amazon.com. A pc game I had ordered was
    lost in the mail. They sent out a replacement via 2nd day air (the original
    pkg was shipped ground).
    Bottom line, Newegg has my money but I still don't have my pc case.
    It's a shame since I am in the stage of building my own pc and was thinking
    of buying many of the parts from Newegg since they seem to get rave reviews
    such as the one I'm responding to. This was my first experience dealing
    with Newegg and probably will be my last. That is the beauty of our free
    market society. Online retailers are a dime a dozen and I don't have to
    depend just on Newegg.

    ftran999, Jan 8, 2004

  3. Sean

    Kent_Diego Guest

    I learned my lesson. I only buy from Newegg. Been jacked around trying to
    save a few dollars at other places too much. They are fast!

    -Kent

    Kent_Diego, Jan 9, 2004
  4. Sean

    Tod Guest

    If you paid by credit card, call the bank and dispute the charge.
    You only have a limited time to dispute, from original date of charge.
    They have your money and you have no Antec case.

    Tod, Jan 9, 2004
  5. Sean

    papasurf Guest

    Yes, call your credit card company asap; you don't need to loaning NewEgg
    any money. Let us know what happens bro.

    papasurf, Jan 9, 2004
  6. Sean

    John Guest

    Sorry about your experience. I have nothing but praise for Newegg in my
    many dealing with them. Did you ask for them to ship another? If not, you
    need to ask the right questions.

    John

    John, Jan 9, 2004
  7. Sean

    Sean Guest

    No kidding. Someone somewhere (wish i had the link) received a package from
    GoogleGear.com (now ZipZoomFly). Now, i've ordered from them before a few
    times, and received good service. However, this guy ordered RAM from them.
    What did he get? He got the RAM alright. He got it in just a mailing
    envelope with NO PADDING, NO Anti-static bag, NO NOTHING. Just the RAM
    DIMM. It was DOA, of course. Newegg spends a fortune on padding, boxes,
    and peanuts. I'm a bit surprised on how well most of my packages arrive, i
    have to dig for the item there's so much padding. Newegg.com, i lova ya!

    Sean, Jan 9, 2004
  8. Sean

    Tim Miser Guest

    There is only one website that is important in the online world and that is:

    www.resellerratings.com

    ;)
    (ok, maybe a bit too bold of a statement!)

    Tim Miser, Jan 9, 2004
  9. Sean

    GTD Guest

    I see your point, but on the flip side of it, I see that:

    A) Fedex is a fairly clumsy service. I live in Alaska, and neither
    Fedex or UPS has ground service to Alaska from CONUS. Apparently,
    Fedex does not know that, because often when shipping things in, they
    get stuck as a dead package, because they make it just far enough that
    nobody knows what to do with it. No matter how much you tell the
    vendor this, they will still ocasionally send product Fedex ground to
    Alaska. You would think Fedex would know that they can't do it. Add
    to this the fact that their business about triples during the holliday
    season, so they are either overworked, or they hire-on temporary
    workers, which obviously are less trained than would be nessisary.
    Heck, they can't even figure out what cities in Alaska they have
    service to or not.

    B) Because of A, how much product do you think Newegg will have
    outstanding if they do this for every package that Fedex loses? I can
    see them being reluctant to ship something out, knowing they are
    probably going to get it back, probably AFTER the holiday season.

    I for one, when presented with a problem such as your, have learned
    that being polite and positive, yet letting them know exactly what it
    will take to make the deal right, seems to work flawlessly, if you are
    reasonable. Sometimes all you have to do is ask.

    If all else fails, there's bbb.org, works every time!

    You should start drinking prune juice and KY jelly cocktails right now,
    that will make things a lot smoother.
    -Felatio Love

    GTD, Jan 10, 2004
  10. Sean

    J. Clarke Guest

    Just a comment, more of a vent actually. Ordered a bunch of parts from
    various places--had it all sent ground. The stuff from Newegg arrived
    overnight. Most of the rest arrived on the fifth day. One item,
    FedExed, was doing fine until it got to Hartford (I'm 20 miles or so
    north of Hartford). It didn't arrive. Checked the tracking and it's on
    the truck for Providence. Later that night it's in Providence. Later
    it's on the way back to Hartford. This morning it's on the truck for
    delivery from Hartford. That was 12 hours ago and still no part. I
    suspect that it's going to go somewhere else before it finally
    arrives--normall stuff to here goes through Granby, and the Hartford
    driver has taken it to the wrong address (there are several streets in
    the Hartford area with very similar names).

    In fairness, I had a chair sent UPS a while back. It sat in Gary
    Indiana fo a month for some reason.

    J. Clarke, Jan 11, 2004
  11. Sean

    Frank Guest

    The three or four items that I orderd from Googlegear, the packages
    and
    content were damaged. No more.

    Frank, Jan 11, 2004
  12. Sean

    Ed Forsythe Guest

    Hi 999,
    Sorry about your problem with Newegg/FedEx but I have had nothing but
    excellent service from Newegg. Occasionally I pay a bit more to deal with
    them. I'd suggest that you contact Newegg and pleasantly suggest /ask them
    to send you another case. If that doesn't work contact your credit card
    bank. Please keep us informed.

    Ed Forsythe, Jan 12, 2004
  13. Sean

    GTD Guest

    I'm picturing some moron at UPS, sitting in YOUR chair, looking
    through paperwork, trying to find the chair that seems to have
    disapeared (also Your Chair)

    GTD, Jan 13, 2004
  14. Sean

    J. Clarke Guest

    ROF,L--that's a good one.

    J. Clarke, Jan 13, 2004
  15. Sean

    Villain Guest

    I'd like to add here (and NO I don't work for them) that
    although I have bought a LOT of stuff from Newegg and been completely
    pleased with them, I also recommend AccuPC. Sometimes they are a buck
    or two cheaper, and they have never let me down, either.

    Villain, Jan 20, 2004
  16. Sean

    Kevin Miller Guest

    Newegg is a great company to deal with. I've also had great
    experiences at www.zipzoomfly.com (formerly www.googlegear.com).

    Kevin Miller

    "The avalanche has already started;
    it is too late for the pebbles to vote."

    Kevin Miller, Jan 20, 2004
  17. Sean

    Brad Guest

    Brad, Jan 21, 2004
  18. Sean

    Mike Guest

    FYI, FedEx and FedEx Ground are seperate operating companies last I
    heard, FedEx Ground used to be RPS and the overall operation was
    bought by FedEX. The RPS guys were Independant Operator/Contractors
    (they own their own trucks/routes) last I heard.
    Mike aka MM

    Mike, Jan 21, 2004
  19. Sean

    Kevin Miller Guest

    I believe you're right. HDL also recently acquired Airborne Express.

    Kevin Miller, Jan 22, 2004
  20. Sean

    J. Clarke Guest

    J. Clarke, Jan 22, 2004