    I can't find out any info on it anymore. I have the original CD with these
    'accelerated' IDE drivers on them but I'm currently running the 2.45's which
    don't have them. Any ideas?

    Alceryes, Sep 21, 2003

  2. Alceryes

    mike Guest

    Yeah, they didn't do much positive and did too much negative. They
    broke several different very popular CD burning programs. The
    performance increase was minimal at best. Glad they are gone.

    mike, Sep 21, 2003

  3. Alceryes

    edde Guest

    THe IDe's in the 2.41 were very fast, and 100% stable with all burning
    packages for me (Nero, alcohol,clonecd).
    But then again, the 1.16's and 2.03's were also 100% stable.

    A7n8X Deluxe Rev1.04
    Winxp Sp1
    2.41's Nvidia
    Aopen DVD+RW (4x4x8x)

    edde, Sep 21, 2003
  4. Alceryes

    mike Guest

    Fair enough, OTOH, there's a host of messages on the internet
    detailing the MANY people who had bad problems with the accelerated
    drivers with Nero mainly and Roxio as well.

    mike, Sep 21, 2003
  5. Check out my "hack" page:

    http://norrsken.dhs.org/hacks/nvide_hack.html

    I'm running this "driver" in Windows 2000.

    /M

    Martin Eriksson, Sep 21, 2003
  6. Alceryes

    DaveL Guest

    MCP2? Isn't that the standard windows driver that Nvidia renamed? It came
    with the 2.0 unifed.

    Dave

    DaveL, Sep 21, 2003
  7. Well yes. But not with the 2.45 (except for maybe Windows XP). This is also
    a "driver rename".

    Martin Eriksson, Sep 21, 2003