OT: Office 2007 Pro & OneNote 2007

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Journey, May 7, 2007.

  1. Journey

    Journey Guest

    Usually I buy the latest MS Office suite using my student discount.
    This time around, buying a full version of Office 2007 Professional
    will cost $199.

    I would pay it (reluctantly), but am opting out because an important
    program, OneNote 2007, is omitted.

    OneNote is offered, however, in the "Home and Student" edition, which
    lacks Access, and even lacks Outlook however.

    OneNote is also in the Ultimate and Enterprise editions. The Ultimate
    edition is mostly distinguished with workflow and collaboration,
    including Infopath, Groove (which is neat but not needed by a
    standalone user), and other collaboration type features. The
    Enterprise edition also has the workflow type features (and I assume
    different licencing).

    This time around, I am bypassing the latest Office. It is a shame
    though because I _really_ like OneNote 2007.

    Update: I just found out that I can get OneNote 2007 for $49 as an
    academic user.

    So, MS just lost an academic user of the latest Office 2007.

    (note: My previous complaint with Office 2007, in my well-known John
    Kerry-like flip flopping, was with it's performance. With they Core 2
    Duo PCs that I use Office 2007 performs OK, but certainly not with my
    P4)

    Journey, May 7, 2007

  2. Journey

    Ellen Guest

    I was happy to learn that 2 home computers can be licensed with the "Home"
    version as well. I got it for around $125 on eBay. I mostly wanted Word
    and Excel, and wouldn't have installed Outlook anyway, so it was perfect.

    Ellen, May 9, 2007