OT: "Search" at top of right click context menu -- driving me nuts

Discussion in 'Dell' started by yirg.kenya, Jul 7, 2008.

  1. yirg.kenya

    yirg.kenya Guest

    On a Dell Precision T3400 with winXP Pro x64 SP2. (My work machine.)

    When I right click on a folder in the right pane of explorer the first
    item is "Search..." When I click on a folder directly in the right
    pane it opens a new search box.

    This is unendingly annoying to me. I just want it to go to the next
    explore view.

    How can I change this default action (and, consequently, change the
    context menu on right click).

    I assume this has to be changed in the registry. I'm not afraid to do
    it. But I don't know where. When I do a find on "search" there are a
    zillion results. When I do a find on "Search..." (the actual text
    string that appears in the context menu) I get 0 hits. So, I'm sort of
    at a loss.

    Any help most appreciated.

    yirg.kenya, Jul 7, 2008

  2. yirg.kenya