OT: Spybot Search & Destroy 1.3 now available

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Jef Norton, May 15, 2004.

  1. Jef Norton

    Jef Norton Guest

    Jef Norton, May 15, 2004

  2. Jef Norton

    patrickp Guest

    Nice one, Jef - I was wondering why SpyBot hadn't been updating for
    ages. Particularly annoying, because I just installed a new OS -
    installed SpyBot, went to update it and not even the stuff I had
    before was available.

    patrickp

    - take five to email me

    patrickp, May 15, 2004

  3. Jef Norton

    Eric Parker Guest

    Cheers Jef.
    It just found 81 nasties.
    It's time Spyware was seen and treated as if it was a virus.
    I've never understood why it is legal.

    eric

    Eric Parker, May 15, 2004
  4. Jef Norton

    Jef Norton Guest

    | Cheers Jef.
    | It just found 81 nasties.
    | It's time Spyware was seen and treated as if it was a virus.
    | I've never understood why it is legal.
    |
    | eric
    |
    | --
    | Remove the dross to contact me directly

    Hi Eric -

    I agree!

    I found the new version last night when a friend called with a toolbar that
    had lodged itself firmly into Internet Explorer. I talked him through
    getting the program downloaded and installed and, to my surprise, found that
    a new version had just been released two days earlier. We had a nice chat
    while we both installed the new version and cleaned up the problems it
    found.

    Nothing is easier than talking someone through an install while you're
    looking at the same screens simultaneously and performing exactly the same
    actions.

    I like the option in the setup where you can instruct the program to go look
    for updates when you launch it (for those of us with broadband).

    And the System Restore Checkpoint is particularly helpful in taking the
    worry out of things running amok while cleaning up the nasties.

    Jef

    Jef Norton, May 15, 2004