    little ever posted about the model mainboard I have. (Might be a sign
    of how bad it suks) Is there another forum that might have more FIC
    mainboard users?

    Larry Roberts, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Larry Roberts

    Kyle Brant Guest

    Actually, I'd think few posts equates to few problems, particularly in
    view of the lack of posts such as "hey I have an FIC XXX and it runs
    great", lol.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle

    Kyle Brant, Jan 14, 2004

  3. Cooperstown.Net, Jan 14, 2004
  4. Larry Roberts

    Den Guest

    Perhaps the regular good advisers have sorted most problems,
    check out the past google posts.
    This is why our 503+ & 2013 are still going fine, as far as the
    newer FIC MB'S are concerned here in the UK they are very
    thin on the ground regarding FIC retailers, if any!
    Which is why I am now looking at ASUS for my next MB.

    Den

    Den, Jan 14, 2004
  5. Out of curiosity, which motherboard do you have? If you have an NVidia
    based motherboard, you might try the FIC forum at
    http://www.nforcershq.com .

    --Alex

    Alex Zorrilla, Jan 14, 2004
  6. Mine is the AN19C Stealth. I'm having problems with random
    lockups during 3D gameplay. All the hardware came from an MSI 6382 v1
    mainboard, and it worked flawlessy on it. I, of course, did a fresh OS
    install, driver, and patch update as well. I did this twice with both
    WinME, and WinXP. WinXP seems to have a graphics coruption problem on
    it's first reboot. Never could get it fully installed. WinME insta`lls
    fine, just 3D games freeze during play at random times. VIA drivers
    are up to date as well.
    I've tried both an Nvidia GeForce 3 Ti200, and a GeForce 2
    MX400. Both give the same results. I cleaned the Nvidia drivers from
    the system when installing each card, so left overs didn't upset
    things.
    I'm trying to find more users of this board to see if anything
    like this happened, and if they found out what caused it.

    FIC AN19C Stealth
    AMD 1900+
    256MB PC2100 DDR
    Onboard 10/100 NIC
    Onboard Sound
    400W PSU

    Larry Roberts, Jan 15, 2004
  7. Alex Zorrilla, Jan 15, 2004
  8. Larry Roberts, Jan 16, 2004
  9. Hmmm, I must say I really am at a loss. I did a Google search and came upon your
    thread on the videocard-forum.com, so I see that you already tried testing the
    RAM as well. It's not like the Geforce2 MX400 is a high power card, so I doubt
    the problem is your power supply, especially if you used the same power supply
    with your old motherboard.

    Do you run into any instability if you run a utility like Prime95, which is more
    or less independent of the AGP slot?

    I suppose one possibility is that the motherboard itself is bad.

    --Alex

    Alex Zorrilla, Jan 16, 2004
  10. Haven't tried it yet. I'll try it tonight.

    Larry Roberts, Jan 17, 2004