    pc's). We have about 220 Mac's and about 110 Linux boxes.

    Any help or suggestion would be appreciated,

    David

    Davidaarong, Mar 13, 2006

  2. Davidaarong

    Davidaarong Guest

    Topic line should read:Other options other than Entourage for email
    client on Mac OS X (Tiger or Panther)

    Davidaarong, Mar 13, 2006

  3. What kind of issues (problems) are you experiencing with Entourage?

    Richard Tomkins, Mar 13, 2006
  4. Do you really care about answers from people who aren't clever enough to
    figure out what you meant with your typo?

    Barry Margolin, Mar 13, 2006
  5. Davidaarong

    Davidaarong Guest

    -Beach-ball of death on several users workstations
    -Slowness when updating email boxes
    -Unable to read .pst files
    -One user can only update his mailbox by closing and then re-opening
    his entourage for it to sync no matter what we try to do the issues is
    never resolved.

    Besides that, Entourage is a very watered down version of the True
    Outlook client. I know at some point and time there was a movement to
    port over a True Outlook client, but I haven't heard much on that front
    for awhile.

    Davidaarong, Mar 13, 2006
  6. Davidaarong

    42 Guest

    The lack of responses is largely because there really aren't any.
    Microsoft Exchange is a proprietary protocol. Microsoft hasn't really
    made it easy for anyone else to implement it without reverse engineering
    the protocol and risking lawsuits.

    If you drop down to IMAP or POP3 your options open right up (but you
    lose exchange calendering and other Exchange proprietary features), but
    as long as you are on Exchange server you are pretty much limited to
    what Microsoft makes availalbe -- in this case: Entourage.

    Solving your Entourage issues as best you ca is probably your best
    solution; as I doubt you are considering dropping Exchange Server at
    this point in time. :)

    42, Mar 13, 2006
  7. Davidaarong

    Scott Lowe Guest

    For basic e-mail functionality, stick with any IMAP or POP client. OS
    X's native Address Book can sync with the Exchange address book, or you
    can use a third-party utility such as AddressX from Snerdware
    (http://www.snerdware.com). To integrate your calendaring and tasks,
    turn again to Snerdware for version 3.0 of GroupCal, which allows iCal
    to integrate with Exchange for calendaring and task synchronization.

    HTH.

    Scott Lowe, Mar 14, 2006