overclock Sempron 64 2800+ on a NFORCE4M-A AM2 board

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by bugboy, Jul 29, 2006.

  1. bugboy

    bugboy Guest

    I have been looking in to overclock my sempron 64 2800+ and have
    sucessfully gotten up to 1.8ghz but if i go any higher my mobo locks up
    and has probs. is there anything that i can do to make it clock higher?
    i really can't find any settings in the BIOS, all i can find is the CPU
    frequency and HT freq. i can't change vcore voltage and i can't see how
    to change the memory clock. i would really like to get the results that
    i have seen on the internet, any help would be fantastic. My mobo can
    adjust the speed of the cpu well past 270, but i cant even get past
    230. thanks in advance

    Specs:
    Sempron 64 2800+ on a NFORCE4M-A AM2 Socket motherboard
    1g of ddr2 400 ram
    ATI Radeon X800gto video
    two Westerd Digital Sata 250g hard drives in RAID
    500w power supply

    bugboy, Jul 29, 2006

  2. bugboy

    Wes Newell Guest

    According to the manual I dl'd, all the controls are in the Advanced
    Chipset features screen, including ram settings.Voltage settings are in
    the Advanced Bios screen. This should work. Lower HT setting from Auto to
    4x. Set CPU freq to 233. Lower ram setting to 33MHz below your rated ram
    speed. Raise cpu voltage if/as required. To go higher, keep Ht under 1000.
    IOW's if you want a cpu freq of 266, set HT to 3x. lower your ram speed
    manually, the same amount you raise the CPU freq. Raise CPu voltage if/as
    required. That's about all there is to it.

    Wes Newell, Jul 29, 2006

  3. bugboy

    Ed Light Guest

    Wes, that cpu can go up to 2.4 easily, not generating much heat. I don't
    know if it will without a vcore increase.

    Memory would be set for 133. clock at 300, if the m/b will do it. HT at 3x.

    Before doing it, at stock speed, memory timings should be set to manual to
    lock them in. Otherwise when setting the memory back the m/b will probably
    tighten up the timings, and they may not work.

    Alternately an overclock to 2.0 would be clock at 250, memory at 166, HT at
    3x for a 754 and 4x for an am2. That may not require a vcore increase.

    Both the above put the memory at pc3200.
    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at

    Thanks, robots.

    Bring the Troops Home:
    http://bringthemhomenow.org

    Ed Light, Jul 30, 2006
  4. bugboy

    bugboy Guest

    i still don't see anything that i can change in the BIOS except Cpu and
    HT freq, i can get to Dram settings but i can't see how to change the
    speed. If you could could you go step by step on how i can accomplish
    this. remember i have a ecs NFORCE4M-A am2 mobo. thanks so far in the
    information given.

    bugboy, Jul 30, 2006
  5. bugboy

    Ed Light Guest

    I'll leave it to Wes as he downloaded the manual.

    Ed Light, Jul 30, 2006
  6. bugboy

    Wes Newell Guest

    Then you aren't looking close enough. I've already told you where the
    settings are in my last post. RTFM. FID and Vid control is in the Avanced
    bios screen under CPU Entry.
    Well, there's only one thing you can do there afaict from the manual.
    Either leave it set to Auto or change it to manual settings and see what
    else appears that you can change. The manual only shows the screen with
    auto set.

    You have to use the keyboard. if you can't figure it out from the last
    post, then you're better off leaving it alone.

    Wes Newell, Jul 30, 2006