    I've found that the max speed for this setup is supposed to be 400MHz,
    but my processor is running at 448MHz. Is there any way to adjust the
    speed back to 400 to maybe stabilize it?

    Jeff Carrick, Jan 11, 2004

  2. Hi,
    That NEC is being overclocked. It is running 4 x 112MHz-FSB when it should
    be 4 x 100MHz-FSB. The CPU would be fine with this, but I suspect the PCI
    bus is running at 37.3MHz and it should be 33MHz.

    Not familiar with that eact mobo but have u had a good look in BIOS?

    Wayne Youngman, Jan 11, 2004

  3. Jeff Carrick

    Jeff Carrick Guest

    Using the same diagnostic app, PCI bus latency is 40, external clock is
    100 MHz

    Jeff Carrick, Jan 11, 2004
  4. Good guess for a third party motherboard but, that being an Intel, odds are
    there's no FSBs other than pure 66.6 and 100. as Intel doesn't provide
    'overclocking' features.

    Someone probably just changed the multiplier from 4 to 4.5, or it could be
    a P-II 300 that someone did the BSel pin trick with, and the reported 448
    is just approximation error.

    David Maynard, Jan 12, 2004