Overclocking ASUS p4p800-VM via bios impossible?

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by Hans Pans, Sep 21, 2003.

  1. Hans Pans

    Hans Pans Guest

    Hi,

    I own a p4p800-VM board. I hav a 2.4c Pentium on it. This is a very
    'overclockable' CPU I am told.
    But I seem to have bought the only ASUS board that does not suport
    overclocking via the BIOS.
    So now I use ClockGen, a little prog that does a soft overclock of the
    FSB.
    The only 'problem' is that the overclocked speed is only in use AFTER
    rebooting the system. Before rebooting I also get lower scores in
    benchmarks.

    Anyone knows if this is to be solved in any way?

    Or does anyone know if there does excist a way to overclock this VN
    board in another way?

    Thanks!

    Hans Pans, Sep 21, 2003