    Thomas

    PS: This is the the motherboard
    http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=54&l3=0&model=1092&modelmenu=1

    Thomas Jespersen, Jun 25, 2006

  2. Thomas Jespersen

    Paul Guest

    One outstanding problem with that motherboard, is using two sticks
    in dual channel mode. Apparently the motherboard is much more
    stable with only one stick of RAM. Are you using one stick or two
    sticks of RAM ?

    (see last post here)
    http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/5/116153/ShowThread.aspx

    The first thread in the forum here, also mentions "overclocking failed!":

    http://vip.asus.com/forum/topic.aspx?board_id=1&model=N4L-VM+DH&SLanguage=en-us

    Paul

    Paul, Jun 25, 2006

  3. Thomas Jespersen

    tjementum

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi Paul

    Thanks for your answer, and sorry for my long response, but I haven’t had the time to play with this before now.

    You might be in to something right here. I am running with Dual Channel with 2x256 RAM MB (533Mhz).

    I tried removing one of them, and I got rid of the overclocking error.

    I do not like not running Dual Channel. Does anyone know which RAM works with this motherboard?

    But I also got another theory. My CPU and Motherboard temperature are above 50º C/122ºF, even though I haven’t put the cabinet on. Could it be that this is why it thinks that I'm overclocking, or are these high temperatures normal?

    Thomas

    Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
    tjementum, Jul 7, 2006