Overclocking MSI P6N SLI Platnium

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by JD, Jun 16, 2009.

  1. JD

    JD Guest

    I built this computer a few years ago and it is getting old. I would
    like to squeeze another year of life out of it performence wise before
    I have to upgrade. Games are starting to run slow.

    I just bought a new video card so whatever I do I dont want to OC it
    or do something that would dry the video card.

    Can someone tell me some moderate settings that will improve my
    performance but not shoot my house to the moon. I searched groups
    looking for some settings prior to posting, but most of what I found
    was people pushing it to the limit... I am just looking for some
    moderate improvements that I wont have to worry to much about heat and
    will have a lower risk of damaging the board / proc

    MSI P6N SLI Platnium MB
    E6600 Proc
    Kingston Memory 2GB

    Video Card - GE Force 260

    Cooling... good size case, 4 case fans,clip on fan over north bridge.
    processor fan is the oem one that came with the proc.

    JD

    JD, Jun 16, 2009